Wednesday, July 3, 2013

There are other, bigger blogs out there

And I'm okay with that.

I hope you are enjoying my ramblings as much as I'm enjoying sharing them. I have been researching how to keep my blog interesting enough that people keep coming back to it, and I discovered that 'Wow! I'm not the first person to write about being bipolar!' I came across some other really good blogs that I want to share with you guys, so that way if you're hungry for more reading, it's here.

This first one is from bipolar veteran John McManamy, who is the dean of bipolar bloggers. A mental-health journalist who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 1999, at the age of 49, McManamy has maintained an encyclopedic website, McMan's Depression and Bipolar Web, for nearly a decade. He writes about everything from treatment options to research news. He also has his own blog  Knowledge Is Necessity, which provides a steady stream of funny and informative writing—and videos!—on mental health.

The second one of note is Amy, a 34-year-old mother of four who lives in Tennessee, who blogs at All About Bipolar under the handle “atorturedsoul".

The next is Liz Spikol, who is the executive editor of an alternative weekly newspaper in Philadelphia. She also happens to have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and dissociative disorder not otherwise specified. Her addictive blog, The Trouble With Spikol, grew out of an award-winning column of the same name that she writes for the Philadelphia Weekly.

And last, but certainly not least, is the entertaining online diary of a bipolar woman in England, who writes The Secret Life of a Manic Depressive. She is officially diagnosed with rapid-cycling bipolar I disorder and writes about her ups and downs in a lively, no-holds-barred style that will have you clicking the bookmark button for sure.

I know I'm super new on to the scene of things, but I hope to one day be as recognizable as these blogs are because although I'm writing for myself, I still have a strong desire to spread a message for the world too. I have no grand delusions of grandeur, lol, but I've always wanted to write, and to the biggest an audience I can reach. I know I can learn from these bloggers and gain more knowledge and expertise to help my own blog.

I'm sharing them with you so you have more resources than what my lonely little blog provides at the moment. Give me a few months, and watch my blog come alive with information, stories, and resources, just like the ones above have :)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment